Hosts at our restaurant are responsible for welcoming our guests to our restaurant and ensuring that they are seated as promptly and fairly as possible that best serves our guests wishes. Hosts also communicate with our guests by answering phones as well as describing our menu and offerings to guests as they arrive and seek information about our restaurant.
- Knowing the table numbers of the restaurant and seating guests at the designated tables.
- Greeting all guests with prompt courteous communications.
- Manage guest reservations or priority seating requests along with walk in customers by quoting them an expected wait time.
- Manage our waiting list to ensure proper size parties are seated at the appropriate tables to maximize efficiency of our floor plan.
- Answer telephones, take to go orders, make reservations, communicate directions and answer general questions about the restaurant.
- Walk through the dining room to collect menus from server stations, monitor progress of seated tables and help clean tables to be re-set.
- Maintain clean host stand, foyer, entry way and bathrooms by ensuring all surfaces are clean and all floors, chairs and benches are clean and in good repair.
-Fill in for fellow employees to meet guests needs
- Handle guest complaints by listening to guests and then handing off issues to managers.
- Set the tone for guests on their way in and out of the restaurant by providing outstanding Coastal Hospitality and service.
-Please apply in person @1513 Main Street Hilton Head, or forward your resume for consideration.
A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
Must have reliable transportation.
Works efficiently in a team environment.
Communicate in a professional fluent manner and phone etiquette.
Organizational skills, and ability to multitask.
Willing to work in a standing/walking environment for up to eight hour shifts.
Previous experience a plus.
Experience on guest seating software a plus.
Work weekends and holidays.
Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.