Looking for a hard-working floral designer with (ideally) 5+ years of experience to work part-time or full-time at a busy flower shop in the Burlington, VT area. While design experience is required, applicant must be willing to participate in additional training and must have the skills to adapt their design to what is desired for this shop's style. Applicant will also occasionally be required to take orders on the phone, computer, and in-person, as well as participate in general shop duties (e.g. cleaning, watering plants, etc.). We strive to be an innovative shop within this industry, and are looking for someone who will be a good fit for this environment, and enjoys the frequent changes and improvements (and is willing to offer up their own ideas as well based on their experiences!) that will inevitably occur. We are looking for someone with long-term goals within this industry.
- Flexible scheduling
- Willing to do a variety of jobs
- Proficient computer skills
- Proficient order-taker
- Good customer service skills
- Team player, but can also be trusted to work independently
- Quick learner
- Seeking someone with 5+ years experience, but willing to consider someone with less experience if they are the right candidate
- Can execute a variety of designs (e.g. modern, rustic, traditional, etc.)
- Preferably has experience with both wedding and funeral design
- Analyzes own work and seeks out ways to improve it
- Can apply feedback in a constructive way and use it to improve designs and design skills
- Floral knowledge; plant knowledge a plus
- Willingness to learn
- Good instincts
Please apply with a resume, cover letter, and a portfolio with up-to-date designs (as up-to-date as possible). If you are unable to submit a portfolio, please include some photos of your own designs. All of this can be emailed to our Craigslist email here for review.
Our shop is currently closed for walk-ins due to COVID-19. Despite recent softening of Corona virus guidelines, we do not want to place our employees and customers at risk by having unnecessary foot traffic indoors. We are only operating with curbside pick-up and delivery at the moment.
We look forward to having you join our team!