The Firebrand Technologies Integration Team is looking for a motivated, ambitious, and tenacious SQL guru. For more than 30 years Firebrand Technologies has been specializing in getting new publishing clients' title data into our Title Management application, as well as building and supporting tools that help us do this as efficiently as possible. As a new member of the team, you'll be managing your own project queue while under the tutelage of more senior members.
We are interested in a developer who understand the process of software development, including the importance of development, test, and production environments, and responsibilities inherent in each. If you consider winding your way through several layers of code and hitting some land mines along the way a good time, then we want to work with you. We encourage creativity and ingenuity and hope you can teach us a few tricks of your own, when appropriate.
We aren't the only company with a casual office, games in our break room, and regular social events. What you won't find elsewhere, though, is a group of people who are more passionate about what they do. A general sense of pride and accountability in your work are necessary to become successful in this position, as is the desire to meet high quality standards. Our clients are very dear to us and we go above and beyond to make sure that their needs are met. Our small team has the luxury of working outside of strict engineering guidelines but needs to remain disciplined and conscious of the big picture. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the growth of Firebrand Technologies.
This is a remote position for someone located in Burlington, VT.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work on multiple projects as assigned by the Director of Integration Services
- Effectively communicate the status of projects to the team and clients
- Manage case/task list in Jira
- Document procedures in our shared team space in Confluence
- Work closely with publishing clients
- Periodic short-term trips to client offices in New York City and other U.S. locations as well as to our office in Newburyport, MA
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 to 5 years experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of SQL 2005/2008 databases and T-SQL programming is required
- Experience with web design and related technologies, such as ASP.NET, C#, and Visual Studio, is a plus
- Experience with Crystal Reports is a plus
No relocation assistance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
No agency responses, please.