Onsite a Must - On-site Engineer/technician to help document, prepare, install, and decommission network equipment at the Client side.
• The role includes the physical deployment of network equipment – candidates must be able to lift to 50 lbs. if needed
• Candidates should have a good understanding of basic networking in a distributed environment
• Must be able to be on on-site and work after hours when required. Most of the refreshes will be done during non-business hours
• Rack and Stack network Equipment (Network, Power systems, and any peripheral equipment)
• Fiber and copper cabling and cable organization with adherence to best standards
• Perform Network Room Readiness Assessments to ensure appropriate power, cabling types, lengths, optics, rack layout, room layout, etc.
• Create rack elevation diagrams for physical deployment
• Commission and Decommission of Hardware according to the standards (Network, UPS, Server, Firewalls, etc.)
• Baseline deployed hardware, including performing essential code upgrades on hardware, establishing management network connectivity for configuration and logical deployment
• Work closely with Project Managers and Lead Engineers teams to provide successful implementation
• 3 – 5 years or more of professional experience in a related discipline
• Strong working knowledge of Network Room design and processes (power, cooling, redundancy)
• Strong troubleshooting and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment on multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic, adhere to deadlines, ability to work both independently and as a team