Obtains or receives merchandise, totals bill, accepts payment, and makes change for customers in retail store by performing the following duties:
- Acts as store leader in absence of assistant store manager and store manager.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store in the absence of the assistant store manager and store manager.
- Stocks shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise maintaining coloration of required items.
- Pulls outdated merchandise from sales floor according to established procedures and prepares for salvage disposal.
- Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales. Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise. Pulls out and dates stock according to procedures. Obtains merchandise requested by customer or receives merchandise selected by customer.
- Answers customer's questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise in a courteous manner. Totals price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
- Accepts payment and makes change. Uses cash register to record all purchases. Gives customers receipts and correct change.
- Wraps or bags merchandise for customers.
- Cleans shelves, counters, or tables.
- Removes and records amount of cash in register at end of shift. Required to prepare daily sales reports and deposits.
- Calculates sales discount to determine price.
- Keeps record of sales, prepares inventory of stock, and orders merchandise. Receives and records incoming donations and prepares accurate receipt.
- Promotes Goodwill's mission by selling items in the retail store.
- Must be familiar with Sales Manual procedures.
- Proper use of time clock required.
- Any responsibilities as directed by the manager or assistant manager.
High School or GED
Prior experience in retail.
Willingness to work flexible hours. Evenings and weekends required.
Beginning salary is $10.68 per hour. Potential for rate increase after 90 days.