CUSTOMER TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (HELP DESK) (RDTE-20-0941-Z):
Bowhead is seeking a Customer Technical Support Specialist (Help Desk) to provide customer support and technical assistance to Corporate Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) Network users and other code 1042 designated customers.
Essential Help Desk Specialist duties include:
• Provide on-site desktop support as needed, provides general help desk support for User Assistance.
• Provide phone support to user's to resolve issues relating to RDT&E connectivity, and RDT&E Active Directory domain account User Management.
• Provide support with assigning IP addresses as requested and with maintaining those IP addresses in the IPA Database.
• Utilize the Remedy System (or current ticketing system) to assign and track trouble calls as appropriate.
• Help Desk Specialist will assist with the maintenance and monitoring of the User Assistance mailbox to ensure that all users receive timely support in response to their requests for assistance.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) encompassing all User Assistance activity.
• Knowledge of Video Teleconferencing a plus.
• Two (2) years of experience preferred.
• Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must demonstrate the ability to multi-task and assist or teach others to solve problems.
• Must possess the ability to, effectively and efficiently, communicate verbally with the user community.
• Must be familiar with Department of Defense networking and security accreditation requirements.
• Must have knowledge in the installation, maintenance, and administration of computer systems in a LAN/WAN environment.
• Must meet DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical Level II certification requirements at time of hire.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: A SECRET clearance is required. Must be eligible to receive a TOP SECRET clearance upon hire. ship is a requirement for this contract.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: