Looking for the right individual to step into our fast-paced, challenging environment as our Systems Administrator II. You'll be working to maintain the stability of the environment while also moving the company forward through innovation and technology. You'll be part of a talented IT team working to bring innovative solutions to drive the top and bottom lines of our business. If you are smart, motivated, customer-centric, excited about new challenges and eager to learn we can't wait to hear from you.
location: Glen Allen, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Perform advanced hardware server setup, advanced installations, and configurations of the operating system
- Provide set-up and continual maintenance of user accounts, security rights assignments, directory structures, etc. per established IT policy and guidelines.
- Oversee daily monitoring of all assigned systems and services to ensure operations are normal.
- Respond to systems outages and assist in team problem triage and remediation of server and systems outages.
- Perform activities associated with protection and backup of data to ensure backup processes successfully completed on a regular basis.
- Maintain acceptable levels of security on all systems.
- Provide daily administration, maintenance, installations and upgrades of server hardware and cabling.
- Design system changes to meet current business needs and policies. - Research new technologies and find applications.
- Oversee server operations for all hardware.
- Participate in corporate support and technical teams.
- Support PC Technical Support personnel in problem troubleshooting and remediation when necessary.
- Create IT Policies to meet critical business needs.
- Create and keep updated thorough documentation as it relates to any of the above.
The essential functions of this role include: