The Medical Information Specialist (MIS) position is part of the ProPharma Group Medical Information Contact Center and follows all corresponding regulations, industry standards, and client/internal policies regarding medical information and the collection and documentation of adverse events, special situation events, and product complaints.
Essential Functions Include:
1. Fully functional member of the Medical Information Contact Center.
2. Responds to unsolicited consumer, health care professional and other external customer requests for medical and safety information received via the contact center, website/e-mail and scientific meetings on behalf of ProPharma Group’s pharmaceutical clients.
3. Provides labeled and unlabeled medical/safety information responses in accordance with regulatory requirements, industry standards and client and ProPharma Group internal policies and practices.
4. Accurately identifies, documents and reports adverse events, pregnancy reports, special situation events and product complaints in a clear and concise manner within required timeframes per government regulations, ProPharma Group SOPs and client working practices/instructions.
5. Formulates and provides accurate responses utilizing approved labeling and company standard responses, published literature and other data (e.g. internal clinical data, post-marketing surveillance data). Assists with writing custom responses utilizing this data.
6. Performs follow-up with inquirers at request of client.
7. Participates in project lead/client activities as appropriate.
8. Assists and/or performs literature evaluations including Periodic Safety Updates, Literature Summaries and other medical writing projects as needed.
9. Assists in providing training support to department new hires.
10. Assists Medical Information Coordinator in providing full and compliant documentation per SOPs.
11. Provides after-hours coverage on a rotated basis.
12. Adheres to company and country-specific privacy policies.
13. Other activities as assigned.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the Canada.
ProPharma Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties. Please, no phone calls or emails to anyone regarding this posting.