QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Carpenter || Concrete Carpenter
Job Assignment: May 20, 2019 Start (2-3 month assignment)
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD
Skill Level: Experienced
Compensation: Depending on experience
Primarily looking local hire, but open to all applications
The Carpenter constructs, erects, installs and repairs buildings and temporary structures such as concrete forms, scaffolds and rough wooden structures. The Carpenter is responsible to work cooperatively with the Foreman and Lead Carpenter in a team approach to complete the task at hand in a safe manner. Must be able to guide oneself with little or no supervision.
- Immediately report all accidents, incidents and near misses occurring on the job site to your supervisor.
- Report all safety and health hazards to supervisors and take necessary actions to establish an immediate temporary control of the hazard until permanent control can be established.
- Maintain and utilize all PPE provided.
- Attend and participate in all required safety training and meetings.
- Learn and comply with all safety rules, policies and regulations applicable to your work.
- Work safely in a manner as to ensure your safety as well as the safety of those around you.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Measure materials using measuring tape and square to lay out work.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in the construction of structures and forms.
- Read blueprints to determine dimensions of structure or form to be constructed.
- Cut or saw boards and/or plywood to required size using handsaw or power saw.
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure using bolts, nails or screws.
- High school diploma/GED/Tech Prep diploma.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant construction experience.
- The ability to predictably and regularly attend work and to be punctual.
- The ability to read and understand documents and drawings and follow instructions (whether presented in written, oral, diagram or schedule form).
- The ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts to practical situations.
- The ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to work cooperatively with others.
- The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and/or co-workers and respond to customer's needs.
- Must have sufficient visual acuity and clear speech to perform the essential functions of the job effectively.
- Must have flexibility to work shifts other than your normal hours when required.
- The ability to work in outside weather conditions.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from construction job sites and/or shop.
- This position may involve frequent or periodic out of town travel.
- The ability to use hands and fingers and have manual dexterity.
- The ability to stand/bend/stretch/reach/kneel/crawl, etc.
- Must be skilled in using hand tools.
- Must be skilled in using power tools.
Please reply to post with full resume and contact information.