Position Title: Saw Operator
Wage: $13.00 per hour
Shift: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Hours: 6:00am-4:00pm; 4:00pm-2:00am; 6:00pm-6:00am
Looking for a great company to work for? Look no further! We have a great Saw Operator position at a company in Oshkosh, WI that has been in business since 1926 and continues to grow. Apply today to learn more.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Loads equipment with product using the overhead crane and/or forklift in order to prepare the equipment for an accurate cut after being trained and certified.
- Prepares saw to cut material by programming the computer to customer specifications.
- If necessary, tack welds material to prevent pieces from falling out of the bundle.
- Measures material before and after the cut to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
- Accurately completes the necessary reports after inspecting and measuring the cut product.
- During the cutting process, monitors equipment and cleans the work area by sweeping floor, rinsing metal chips off product, etc.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Able to safely operate overhead crane and or forklift in needed.
- Able to stand for whole shift up to 12 hours.
- Able to sit, stand, bend, crouch, twist and kneel when needed.
- Ability to read and understand measuring tools and equipment such as a tape measure, calipers and micrometer.
- Previous manufacturing, saw operation and/or machine operation experience is preferred.
QPS Employment Group is a full-service staffing firm comprised of dedicated and passionate people with nearly 50 offices throughout the Midwest. We place great people with great companies in industrial, skilled trades, administrative, manufacturing, general labor and professional employment.
Why Work with QPS?
-Your choice of temporary, temp-to-hire, or direct-hire job opportunities
-Access to sought-after positions with leading employers
-Dedicated placement specialists who will guide you through every step of the job search process
-Over 30 years of staffing experience
Best of all, our services are 100% free to job seekers!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.