NTT DATA's Client is currently seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join their team in Madison, Wisconsin (US-WI), United States (US).
The primary responsibilities will be to support strategy and sustainment for our Madison Services business.
Role Scope / Deliverables: Primary Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for proprietary manufacturing equipment and processes for internal use.
• Participate in full development life cycle including requirements, analysis, design, and test.
• Maintain strong relationship between Operation and Global IT
• Work with mechanical, electrical, process engineers on automation projects informatics needs.
• Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
• Support, maintain and document software functionality. Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation as applicable.
• Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise software as needed.
• Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
• Consult with end users to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
• Ability to multitask multiple projects.
• Very knowledgeable of applications, software industry standards, and computer engineering concepts.
• Work in an Agile Scrum environment
• Ability to develop creative solutions, prioritize tactical and strategic plans and execute quickly.
• Works independently with moderate supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
• Proficient in C# .NET, WPF, XAML, and ASP
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
• Strong SQL skills
• Experience with web services. How to use and create.
• Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation ALM, Version Control, Testing and Release Management
• Knowledge of VBA excel
• Experience with industrial controls is a plus.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.