Apex Systems is looking for a strong Business Program Manager for a 12+ month long project.
This is 100% Remote. Please email your resume to Jodi,
We are looking for a very strong Business Program/Project Manager to support a key HR project.
-Looking for someone who can "lead" and not just a facilitator. The person needs to drive delivery of a key initiative, Payroll Remediation. This involves working with business stakeholders/IT/vendors to develop a project plan, drive the team towards those milestones, track issues/risks/dependencies, track expense forecasts, manage multiple tasks/deliverables simultaneously, develop and deliver team and senior stakeholder communications, support change management activities, etc.
Proven experience leading business and IT projects
Proven experience managing change across people, process and systems, particularly with outsourced arrangements, i.e., vendors
Proficient with MS Project
Very detailed, extremely organized and able to multi-task - ideal candidate can manage a large list of priorities/activities with multiple internal and external stakeholders
Good financial skills, i.e., tracking expenses, creating forecasts
SAP, ADP or HR experience helpful but not critical
Role is for a strong Business Program Manager - we are not looking for a strictly technical Program Manager; ideal candidates need to have proven experience leading business-driven projects and change management activities. The person must be stakeholder orientated. Someone who can "lead" and not just a facilitator.
Excellent stakeholder management skills across Business, IT and vendors
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Must be hands-on and resourceful; get into the weeds as needed
• Effectively lead programs and projects to achieve defined business outcomes. Create a high performing team of business, IT and third-party stakeholders to initiate, design, and deliver people, process and technology solutions. Serve as a primary point of contact for business sponsors and other business stakeholders.
• Seek to learn assigned business function, processes and systems. Demonstrate strong business acumen and leadership to drive results, remove execution barriers and anticipate and manage program risks.
• Instill best practice methodologies and tools into project execution activities, adhering to established Project Management framework standards and ensuring that all defined approvals are obtained
• Manage project interdependencies within an overall program, ensuring that individual project goals are met and that overall program business benefits are achieved.
• Demonstrate financial management discipline by ensuring that a quality business case is developed, overseeing the development of estimates, benefit commitments, and overall project costs including contingency. Monitor the project budget, providing updated monthly forecasts and communicating potential budget overruns.
• Maintain effective communication within the project team, and external to the project team, including producing accurate project status reports, decision logs and other project and meeting documentation to ensure team alignment and to drive forward progress. Escalate project risks and issues as appropriate.
• Maintain a quality project schedule, collaborating with third-party contributors, to ensure an accurate forecast of resource demand and project costs. Leverage best practice scheduling tactics to monitor project progress and critical path dependencies. • Manage budgeted resources by anticipating expenditures, accurately forecasting resource needs/costs and properly accounting for expenses to meet requirements and achieve fiscal responsibility
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or