Apex Systems is looking for a Lead Transformation Partner (Senior Executive Support) for a 12+ month long project.
Please email your resume to Jodi,
We are looking for a very strong Lead Transformation Partner to support our senior executives with key strategic initiatives as a sort of "Chief of Staff." The position reports into the Business Transformation Team to help coordinate assignments across the executives.
The person needs to drive delivery of key initiatives for our senior executives. This could be a range of projects, i.e., long-term strategy planning, budgeting/forecasting, supporting development of executive presentations, leading critical analyses, etc., depending on the executive and their needs at the time.
We are looking for a strong "utility player" who has good all-around business/communication skills and program management experience to help drive initiatives, develop presentations, keep statuses, alert executives to critical issues/risks, work with stakeholders across the organization, etc.
Proven experience leading and supporting business-driven initiatives
Extremely proficient with MS Office Apps - MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
Good financial skills, i.e., creating budgets, forecasts, cost-benefit analyses, etc.
Prior experience with data initiatives preferred but not required as the initial assignment is supporting our Chief Actuary
Some insurance experience is strongly preferred as it will make it easier to support our executives
Proven ability to support senior executives; professional maturity and executive presence are a requirement
Excellent stakeholder management skills across Business and IT and teams, at all levels of the organization
Excellent oral and written communication skills, including PowerPoint. This is required.
Ability to take a project and run with it with little supervision
Summary of Role:
Manage productive relationships with assigned business units, operations and transformation leaders to analyze operational, financial and project/portfolio data as needed to support the planning and implementation of transformation initiatives.
• Effectively lead and support Transformation programs and projects to achieve defined business outcomes. Create or participate in a high performing team of business, IT and third-party stakeholders as needed to initiate, design, and deliver people, process and technology solutions.
• Create strong partnerships with business leaders in functional groups and serve as their primary point of contact. Provide advice regarding operational and financial implications of business activities and make recommendations to strategically enhance Company performance.
• Provide a framework to support strategic initiatives evaluation.
• Deliver effective decision-making by gathering and analyzing complex operational and financial information, identifying and bridging information gaps and then presenting implications and innovative solutions to senior management
• Seek to learn assigned business function, processes and systems. Demonstrate strong business acumen and leadership to drive results, remove execution barriers and anticipate and manage program / project risks.
• Demonstrate financial management discipline by leading the development of quality business cases/funding requests, including benefit commitments, overall project costs and contingency. Monitor the project budget, providing updated monthly forecasts and communicating potential budget overruns
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external team members and other stakeholders by communicating regularly, clarifying inquiries and jointly resolving issues to minimize risk, meeting key project milestones and ensuring alignment to objectives.
• Escalate project risks and issues appropriately; develop, implement and track reasonable mitigation plans.
• Prepare and deliver presentations appropriate for audiences at varying levels (including executive level) with logical reasoning and data support
• Partner with internal Project Governance organization in applying project management principles to ensure proper governance, consistency in implementation and smooth transition between phases.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or