Would you say that you’re great at fixing things? Can you be a leader and coach to a busy team? If you answered yes to those questions, you might be the key to our maintenance team! Olympus Property is seeking a hard-working, detail-oriented Lead Maintenance Technician to be responsible for daily maintenance operations. Not only will you be achieving property goals and building up the teamwork of employees and outside contractors, you will be rewarded with great benefits and a family company culture unlike any other!
If this sounds too good to be true, you are encouraged to apply for our Full-time Leasing Consultant position and see what the Olympus Property family is all about!
FULL-TIME SOME WEEKENDS ON CALL HANDS ON WORK BONUSES
The Lead Maintenance Supervision will be held accountable for the day-to-day maintenance operations of an apartment community, reporting directly to the Business Manger while also leading a team of maintenance technicians, groundskeeper, housekeeper and third-party vendor suppliers. This position will ensure that the apartment homes, common areas and grounds are properly maintained by way of direct supervision or delegation, while maintaining a high level of professionalism and customer-service oriented attitude to all employees and resident guests. The ability to manage turn-key operations and scheduling, and leading employees and outside contractors is essential, ensuring that all activities are conducted in compliance with local, state and federal employment, housing, safety, landlord/tenant, OSHA and real-estate laws.
This is a non-exempt, working supervisory position, meaning that in additional to leading/scheduling, the LMT also performs technical duties including completion of work orders.
· Manages the maintenance operations in the most efficient manner possible, as well as creating the greatest possible satisfaction and well-being of all other individuals associated with the property, both employees and residents, consistent with the goals and objectives of the owners.
· Takes reasonable efforts to see that Olympus Property complies with all state, federal, and local laws, rules, and regulations applicable to the business of Olympus Property.
· Supports and participates in selection and hiring of maintenance team members, providing technical support and expertise to the interview process.
· Regularly inspects property and ensures required maintenance and repairs are completed, as necessary.
· Schedules maintenance employees according to forecasted workloads.
· Under supervision and advice of Business Manager, maintains sufficient inventories of tools, parts and supplies in order to properly maintain the property.
· Orders and purchases supplies, equipment and contract work in order to properly maintain the property. Adheres to OP vendor setup/compliance requirements.
· Maintain systems for monitoring and tracking service requests, preventive maintenance work performed, compliance with safety requirements, supplies and parts inventories, purchases, and turn-key operations.
· Keeps storage and shop areas in a neat, well-stocked, clean, organized manner.
· Completes property maintenance tasks and responds to property service requests.
· Repairs and maintains property plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and security systems.
· Maintains grounds, including irrigation systems, the interior structures and furnishings of apartment units, the exterior structures of property buildings, and pool and other common areas.
· Coordinates maintenance and repairs to structural, mechanical and electrical systems, boilers, heating and ventilation systems, building interiors and exteriors, ceilings, flooring, roofing, and appliances including stoves, refrigerators, washing machines and dryers.
· Supervises property turn-key operations, whether completed in-house or by outside contractors. Works closely with office staff to ensure that apartment units are ready for showing and for resident move-in, according to property rent-ready standards and as scheduled.
· Works with maintenance employees and other property staff to develop an effective, proactive team that works together to achieve property objectives.
· Maintains property map that clearly identifies all utility cut-offs, the location of hydrants, gas mains and other property safety information.
· Ensures strict adherence to the property key control policy, insuring that locks are changed as required and that keys are properly cut and dispensed.
· Regularly inspects property for safety and security issues, including by not limited to non-functioning lights, group and trip hazards, broken fences, exposed wiring, pot-holes and sewer line breaks.
· Ensures adherence to customer service standards by responding to concerns and complaints of tenants in a positive and courteous manner. Works with maintenance staff to ensure that resident maintenance issues are dealt with in a timely manner and that proper follow-through is done.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit in activities that require considerable use of the arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking stooping, and handling of materials.
Other required abilities include:
· Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
2. Manual dexterity - the ability to quickly move the hand, hand together with the arm, or both hands to grasp, manipulate, handle, install, position, move, manipulate or assemble.
· Multi-limb coordination - the ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
· Finger dexterity - the ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
· Static strength - the ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may change.
Diversity is a critical component in Olympus Property’s success model. Olympus Property is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
This is a responsible position accountable for the day-to-day maintenance operations of an apartment community and achieving property maintenance goals. The Lead Maintenance Technician position is primarily responsible for ensuring that the apartment units, common areas and grounds are properly maintained, managing turn-key operations and scheduling and leading repair/renovation work of both maintenance employees and outside contractors. Position also works with the property manager and the remaining on-site staff to ensure that all activities are conducted in compliance with all local, state and federal employment, housing, safety, landlord/tenant, OSHA and real-estate laws. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload. This position represents the property owners to both the residents and the public.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 to $24.00 /hour
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as: