Incumbents are responsible for assisting customers, collecting money and inspecting refuse that enters the Solid Waste facility.
Receives direction from higher level supervisory and management staff.
Typical Class Essential Duties
1. Determines if refuse entering the Solid Waste facility is permissible; blocks impermissible items from entering the facility.
2. Weighs all vehicles entering and exiting the Solid Waste facility; charges vehicles according to load.
3. Directs vehicles entering the Solid Waste facility to appropriate dumping areas.
4. Receives and verifies payments, processes and maintains related records to reconcile and follow City standards relating to accounts receivable tasks.
5. Provides general customer service and communicates with the public regarding fees, policies, rules and general information about the facility.
6. Performs basic clerical work including typing, filing, gathering information and telephone and two-way-radio use.
7. Represents the City of Casper by responding to the public, citizens, its employees, and others in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner while continuously maintaining a positive customer service demeanor.
8. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
Abilities (position requirements at entry):
Skills (position requirements at entry):
Training, Experience & Certifications
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
LICENSING and CERTIFCAITONS:
Supplemental Information & Physical Requirements
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Employment with the City of Casper is contingent upon a successful background screen and pre-employment drug test.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must utilize direct deposit for payroll purposes.
Driving records are required for all new employees regardless of the position's driving requirements. If the employee has not held a Wyoming driver's license for the last three years, the employee must provide at their own initiation and expense a driving record from their previous state(s) of residence.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
City of Casper employees that perform safety sensitive tasks are subject to pre-employment and/or random drug testing. These tasks include, but may not be limited to:
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. A job in this category requires a good deal of walking or standing which is why it isn’t categorized as sedentary.
Incumbents in this position work indoors in an office environment and are subject to the common noises associated with office work including telephones, copiers, and printers. The position requires frequent standing, walking, typing, and customer contact, both by telephone and in person. Incumbents may stand up to four hours consecutively and walk outside to assist with customer lines.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.78 - $18.60 per hour