The mission of The Glory Hall is to provide food, shelter and compassion to achieve physical and spiritual well-being for those most in need. Our vision is to create an environment conducive to health and growth. We must do the best that we can to ensure that our actions, our words, and our services contribute to health and well-being, rather than perpetuate the cycle of homelessness and poverty. In order to achieve this vision, all employees of the Glory Hole will treat everyone who walks through the door with the deepest respect, empathy, and compassion.
The Glory Hall is seeking Community Support Specialists. The main focus of this position is to provide compassionate and kind services to all who come through our doors.
Employment Type: Potential Full-Time, Part-Time and Relief positions.
Schedule: 6-am-2pm and 2pm-10pm
Salary Range: $17-$20 per hour/DOE
How to Apply: Please send an email with a short description of your interest in this position to email@example.com (the reply email address attached to this posting). Please also include a resume and 2-3 personal or professional references.
-Profound and deep-felt respect and compassion for all people
-Respect for all lifestyles
-Appreciation of chaos
-Experience working with people who are using substances and those who struggle with mental illness
-Experience working with those who are experiencing homelessness
-Basic Computer Proficiency.
1. Maintain a welcoming atmosphere in the shelter. Help to foster and maintain an environment where all people are respected, listened to, and treated with compassion and kindness regardless of their behavior, race, gender, orientation, identity or disability.
2. Treat all patrons with respect and compassion
3. Ensure that TGH policies and procedures are being followed
4. Be kind and courteous to everyone you interact with
5. Facilitate secured entry of the facility by making sure that everyone who is in the building has completed the admissions process with staff
6. Ensure the facility is clean, organized and in good working order. If anything needs fixing inform management
7. Keep track of services provided throughout the day, including how many showers are taken, how many meals are distributed, how many people do laundry, etc.
8. Help coordinate donations, deliveries and volunteers
9. Ensure that patrons are safe. If someone needs medical attention, call the appropriate entity
10. Assist patrons with needs as they arise, such as; help making doctor’s appointments, applying for benefits or housing, etc.
11. Monitor compost and recycling
12. When new patrons arrive complete all intake paperwork and file correctly
13. Monitor cameras and review when needed
14. Coordinate with partner organizations as needed. Build professional relationships with other agencies in order to route patrons to resources that can assist them with housing, treatment services, medical assistance and other necessary assistance.
15. Prepare meals as necessary and assigned
16. Ensure that meals are distributed according to the following schedule: Breakfast 8:30am, Lunch 12pm, and Dinner 6pm
17. Have snacks ready to distribute
18. Assist patrons with donations, toiletries, and other necessities when available