To apply, go to http://cbv.org/join-our-team/
This position provides trauma informed care to Clients primarily at the Client Services Center (CSC) with occasional requests to provide coverage at the Emergency Shelter. Some on-call weekends and holidays will be required.
Benefits: Sick, holidays, vacation, 401k and employer match contribution, medical insurance
● Have a reliable means of transportation, valid drivers license and insurance. Must be willing to provide transportation to clients in personal or agency vehicle.
● Must pass Live Scan.
● Must have a reliable means of mobile communication and cell service/landline at your home.
● Must have Crisis Intervention Training certification with emphasis on power-based personal violence, or be able to
successfully complete state required training (this training can be provided).
● Fluency in speaking and writing English; bilingual encouraged to apply (differential provided).
● Have the ability to respond in-person to a crisis line call out within 30 minutes.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
● Must abide by the Employee Manual and Community Beyond Violence (CBV) Policies and Procedures and adhere to CBV competency, ethical standards, values and mission.
● Open and willing to work through change in the workplace.
● Must embrace principals of trauma informed care and commit to on-going personal growth.
● Adhere to the philosophy that Clients are an expert in their own healing and all participation in services are
● Participate in on-going training in power-based personal violence and related fields required.
● Handle multiple tasks, manage time, evaluate progress and adjust activities to complete tasks within established time frames and produce high quality work.
● Communicate with the public and community agencies.
● Work both independently, as well as collaboratively with team members.
● Communicate sensitively and without judgment and to abide by agency confidentiality policy.
● Use good judgment to take responsibility for decisions made.
● Be flexible with work hours. Occasional weekends or holidays will be required to be on-call.
● Possess emotional maturity and stability, and role model non-violent behavior in resolving conflicts and exercise
● Accept and work with people from diverse personal and cultural backgrounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide phone and in-person counseling and safety planning services to victim/survivors of interpersonal
2. Provide support services to clients, including assisting with temporary restraining orders, advocacy, and
accompaniment to court, social services, law enforcement, SART exams, resource and referrals, transportation
in personal vehicle, and “warm hand offs”.
3. Provide coverage for CBV’s 24-hour Crisis Line including 24-hour response to emergency calls from law
enforcement, hospital or for motels rooms.
4. Assist clients with Victim Witness, Victim Compensation, CalFresh, Calworks, Housing and other social service
5. Provide encouragement and support to clients to identify their values, needs, goals, and action steps. Provide
follow up with client-identified action plan.
6. Assist with clothing, food, housing, income, childcare, and transportation needs; helping clients address
7. Record statistical data and services in Apricot database in a timely manner.
8. Provide client assistance and tending to the CSC resource room on a rotating basis.
9. Provide advocacy response and counseling to Nevada County correctional facilities on a routine basis.
B. Community Education Responsibilities
1. Network with, attend collaboration meetings, and provide trainings for other local agencies, as requested. 2. Assist with awareness campaigns and provide presentations to community groups, if requested.
3. Participate in Crisis Intervention training.
C. Other Responsibilities
1. Attend weekly Staff/Advocate meetings.
2. Assist all Staff with answering telephone when front desk is not staffed.
3. Other duties as assigned.
This position requires the ability to use both hands in a semi-repetitive motion frequently. The employee sits frequently and stands/walks intermittently. Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 25 lbs. Must be able to sit, stand, walk and otherwise physically function as necessary in an office environment to perform requirements of position.