We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer with excellent customer service skills to work in our Downtown Los Angeles Headquarters. Responsible for the oversight and implementation of technologies and platforms supporting the agency data and voice infrastructure. Build and tend to the underlying infrastructure and systems that run all of PPLA's applications. Under supervision of the Director of IT, is responsible for the enterprise build of data center, server and storage systems for current and future environments. Travel is required.
• College degree or relevant certification and equivalent experience required
• Minimum of 8 years of IT experience and 5 years of systems and network
• Advanced experience in TCP/IP networking, switching, routing, VoIP, and firewalls
• In-depth experience in server and storage hardware, VM hosts, interconnectivity of LAN/WAN/SAN systems and server platforms, including configuration and troubleshooting
• Experience with Citrix, VPNs, and DR platforms, Veeam, Backup Exec
• Understanding of information security implications of technology solutions and undertake proactive measures to ensure compliance with the Information Security policies and processes
• Technical certifications preferred
• Heathcare experience preferred
• Willingness to travel to our health centers as needed, a reliable means of transportation is required
About the position:
• Manage Ticketing, Help Desk, and scheduling and prioritizing of clinic visits. Escalate issues as needed
• Manage network monitoring, log management for network, servers, WAPs, and firewalls for connectivity and security. Proactively monitor computing platforms for performance issues, and respond within strict time frames and escalate incidents according to incident handling guidelines
• Perform Help Desk coverage and perform weekend support on a rotational basis and work after hours to handle upgrades or emergency remediation on technical issues
• Work with the Director of IT to coordinate and plan infrastructure initiatives
• Serve as a point-of-contact for telecommunication carriers and service providers and coordinate circuit design, provisioning, installation and troubleshooting
• In collaboration with other IT staff to implement infrastructure solutions and establish operational best practices for Agency systems including storage, servers, networking, and telecommunications
• Actively oversee, manage, and support LAN/WAN standards as well as interfaces to applications from workstations to servers
• Architect, oversee, and document the design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures
• Architect, oversee, and manage Cisco UC VoIP, including the Call Center, Finesse, CallRex, VMware, and all components of the system
• Ensure high availability of enterprise voice and data platforms that support internal employee business functions and external customer contact
• Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting the operation of the Agency's voice and data infrastructure
• Set up and maintenance of Windows Servers, Active Directory, DC, DNS, Exchange, Virtualization, Storage, and network switches, WAPs, firewalls, and VoIP
• Conduct routine hardware/software audits of servers to ensure compliance with standard policies, configurations, and up-to-date patching
• Perform software installation and upgrades, including regularly patching
• Create and maintain accurate documentation for operating system hardware/software and user IDs, access codes, passwords
• Develop and promote Standard Operating Procedures. Execute Change Management process for network and systems
• Maintains and monitors compliance with software/hardware licensing
• Determine when systems are insufficient and assist the Director, IT when new systems or upgrades are needed
• Assist with planning and implementing systems and network integrations, as needed
• Assist in the developing Policies, Processes, and Procedures for the infrastructure team
• Demonstrate and practice defined testing for all changes in the production environment
• Provide guidance, documentation, and appropriate training to PPLA technical and other employees on support of implemented technologies
• Create the required design and support documentation for projects, systems builds, processes and changes
Windows server, Systems engineering, vmware, citrix, windows, storage
Top Skills Details:
1) 3-5 years of experience managing Windows 2012/2016 servers and virtualized servers (HyperV & VMware)
2) 3-5 years of experience with storage virtualization
3) 3-5 years of experience as a Systems Admin/Engineer who has worked in a VDI environment
4) Reliable transportation to travel to clinics (maybe a few times a month)
Nice to have: strong communication/teamwork skills to jump in and help the help desk techs when needed; doesn't want someone only doing 100% back-end work.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Stephen does not need someone extremely specialized. He wants someone that can wear multiple hats and help him transform the network and infrastructure with the hopes of moving to the cloud. He needs someone that can take care of requests, troubleshoot, and maintain the exiting environment.
He wants to migrate to the cloud, but they have not decided which cloud provider and are working on putting together numerous projects. They currently have a legacy environment and a data center onsite which will be the beginning of the transformation.
Some projects also in the pipeline: moving VoIP to the cloud, Office 365 migration, moving firewalls, EHR (NextGen) to the cloud as well as bringing in wireless access points.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.