Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of the building and fixtures. Support Production Departments by performing the following job duties and responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitors building to ensure a neat and clean presentation and environment.
2. Performs various cleaning and maintenance activities to include sweeping and mopping, wiping down counters, and vacuuming carpeted areas.
3. Follows all written and verbal instructions.
4. Ensures all cleaning supplies are stored in appropriate areas.
5. Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
6. Cleans rest rooms to include disinfecting toilets, sinks and floors, and restocking rest room supplies as needed.
7. Removes trash and disposes of in designated areas.
8. Stocks vending machines with supplies and reports when items need to be replenished.
9. Reports the need for any major repairs to management.
10. Reports and repairs emergency maintenance problems and/or environmental hazards immediately.
11. Adheres to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health and/or safety procedures.
12. Inspects products for color registration and print quality according to standards
13. Completes product assembly in accordance with customer specifications and quality procedures.
14. Locate inventory in accordance with appropriate paperwork.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Oral Communication Skills
The Janitor/General Helper may exert over 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Will work in an environment with moving mechanical parts and occasional loud noises. The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Must be able to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects. This position must be able to stand for 8 hours a day and will frequently move about the workspace. Must be able to communicate with others. Reasonable accommodations can be made if necessary.
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior maintenance experience helpful.