The Grants Manager is an integral part of the Development Team at Family Service Agency. The manager is responsible for overseeing the private and public grant proposal process and maintaining the annual grant calendar. Tasks include: grant research, writing, reporting, grant calendar and process management, and strategic planning. Reports to the Director of Development and Communications.
Sample of Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage annual grant calendar, process and deadlines.
2. Implement grant strategic plan through grant research, writing, and reporting.
a. Research funding opportunities from various sources (private/public) with potential to provide funding to support FSA.
b. Prepare letters of intent, grant proposals, and public funding applications.
c. Prepare grant reports and acknowledgement letters.
3. Develop/Maintain effective, long-term working relationships with grantors through stewardship activities to facilitate the grants process.
1. BA/BS degree required.
2. An accomplished writer, proficient at directing and managing a competitive grant application process.
3. Strong computer skills.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Ability to work well under pressure, manage several projects concurrently, and meet deadlines.
6. Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
7. Two years minimum experience in grant writing, fundraising, communications or related field.
8. Valid automobile insurance, valid California Driver License and reliable transportation throughout Santa Barbara County, as necessary.
Classification, Hours and Pay Rate:
â¢ Position is full-time, non-exempt, with benefits. (Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan. Generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave also offered.)
â¢ Rate of pay is DOE.
Family Service Agency's north county DBA is Santa Maria Valley Youth and Family Center (SMVYFC). FSA/SMVYFC has long been regarded as one of Santa Barbara County's most reliable and effective nonprofit human service organizations. Our mission is to strengthen and advocate for families and individuals of all ages and diversities, helping to create and preserve a healthy community. We are committed to providing services where they are needed most: in the community. Eighty percent of our services are delivered on school campuses, at community centers and in clients' homes. Our programs, which serve more than 25,000 people annually, combine clinical expertise, bilingual and bicultural staff, and close collaboration with other agencies. At FSA, all services are provided free or on a sliding fee/donation scale and no one is denied assistance because of an inability to pay.
To apply for this position, it is highly recommended that you submit both a cover letter and resume. Please reply to this ad, and/or you may also send your materials to:
Family Service Agency
123 West Gutierrez St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
The deadline to apply is 5PM on February 1, 2019.