Folsom Lake College
Instructional Services Assistant II
Job Posting Number: C01449P
Salary: $3,756.63 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules
Closing Date: 05/19/2021
Complete job description and application available online at: http://126.96.36.199/counter.php?id=198856
Under minimal oversight, incumbents serve as a technical resource performing complex tasks related to the development and monitoring of faculty and student schedules and statistical reporting. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Scheduling Department.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details.)
Instructional Services Assistant II:
● Monitors faculty assignments for adherence to District policies and procedures and class assignment limitations.
● Updates faculty position control and reassigned time reports, verifies data and resolves discrepancies.
● Maintains master facilities schedule and facilities inventory.
● Assists in the curriculum development process.
● Compiles, prepares, and proofs curricula data for college catalog and schedules.
● Maintains databases and develops and produces related reports.
● Compiles and checks statistical data for enrollment and financial reporting.
● Prepares, calculates, and processes faculty payroll forms and related error reports, such as time sheets, absence reports, and preliminary payroll records.
● Calculates faculty payroll reports, such as revisions track.
● Processes experience enrollments.
● Processes paperwork for on and off-site contract classes and other special requests.
● Assists instructional areas in the scheduling of classes.
● Modifies and maintains a variety of databases and files.
● Compiles information for federal, state, and district reports.
● Responds to requests for information.
● Communicates with students, faculty, and other individuals to disseminate or explain information.
● Assists in preparing and proofing material for published schedule of classes.
● Prepares material for processing.
● Prepares routine correspondence and monthly reports.
● Orders office supplies and materials.
● Composes and types correspondence.
● Oversees work of temporary employees.
● Performs related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Three years of experience related to the duties of the position; AND, two years of college level business, office technology, or related course work from an accredited institution.
Promotion: One year of experience as an Instructional Services Assistant I in the Los Rios Community College District;
AND, two years of college level business, office technology, or related course work from an accredited institution. (Promotional applies to regular current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.