Bowhead is seeking a Scheduler to support the DOJ Security Services Support contract in Washington, DC. The Scheduler will assist with preparing Security Work Authorization (SWA) forms for security guard service for EOIR Headquarters and Immigration Courts nationwide.
Typical work assignments include:
• Process the SWA for submission to Budget for funding approvals and then submit the SWA to the Federal Protective Service (FPS) to procure the guard service.
• Amend SWAs to make changes to existing guard contracts for change in service and cost throughout the year.
Other duties to include:
• Greet visitors to the Office of Security (OS) and assist in routing them to the personnel with the Office to address their needs. They will also answer the phone and take messages; respond to general email messages to the OS and route messages to OS personnel; handle correspondence.
• Assist with the management of guard service that is request throughout the year under the Temporary Additional Service agreement contract for short-term security guard assignments.
• Work with Physical Security team to determine the courts' needs for security guard service to support the court with the new PSO program.
• Maintain and organize filing system for SWAs and record funding for the service so the Office of Security can manage the guard service budget.
• Manage the building access control security system with responsibility of granting employees access by inputting employee information in the new Lenel OnGuard security system at Headquarters.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the access badge system by keeping the system updated with new employee enrollment or deleting employee records from the system that leave the agency for all of EOIR nationwide.
• Responsible for issuing and managing the PIV card program, and assist with credit card purchases and ensure the information is inputted and processed into the UFMS correctly.
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
• Associates Degree or High school diploma.
• Two or more years of relevant experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, Project, Outlook and the Internet.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance. Possessing an active Top Secret clearance is preferred. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Top Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: