Boutique, limited service hotel consisting of 26 keys in two historic mansions on Esplanade Ave offers guests a unique, experiential stay in the Treme/French Quarter area. The hotel will leverage technology solutions and operated by the General Manager and Assistant General Manager. The front desk will share many departmental responsibilities with the AGM including marketing, guest relations, reservation management, scheduling and coordinating housekeeping and maintenance management.
Part-time front desk manager reporting directly to GM. Approximately 20-25 hours/week. MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS. Schedule must be somewhat flexible to accommodate business seasonality. Competitive wage.
Desirable Candidate Qualities
- Punctuality and strong sense of responsibility
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but its also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others and assisting them with transactions.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing
Core Work Activities
- Interact with guests for check in, check out, and tour/reservation assistance
- Assign rooms and issue keys
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges.
- Run daily reports and identify any special requests
- Generally support the AGM and GM in daily operations
- Management of reservations across multiple distribution channels via the PMS
- Coordinate with the AGM and GM for the implementation of sales & marketing goals and strategies
- Walk the property to ensure quality and cleanliness standards of public spaces and rooms; delegate major maintenance
- Coordinate the housekeeping staff and room turnover with incoming guests
- Daily tasks such as responding to emails and calls, receiving deliveries, keeping office and common areas organized, keeping lobby water filled, removing leftover pastries, light cleaning, trash removal, etc.
Send resume and brief intro to Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org NO WALK-IN APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED.