Title: WLAN Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI, USA 48326
Duration: 12+ Months
Description: The WLAN Engineer to provide wireless infrastructure support. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Provide guidance to wireless connectivity following the latest industry standards.
• Follow Cisco best practice recommendations.
• Initiate all configurations and change controls for any wireless changes.
• Ensure standard physical installation according to best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field of study or equivalent experience in LAN/WLAN technologies
• Minimum 5 years of related experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience in LAN / WLAN technology
• Experience in designing and implementing large scale LANS / WLAN’s
• LAN / WLAN troubleshooting skills for routing, switching, controllers, access points, and clients
• Any Cisco Certifications – preferred CCNA or above
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
Driving and Travel Requirements:
• May be required to drive a company car. A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
• May be required to travel domestically to local plant 10%.