This position provides oversight, leadership, accountability, and project management functions for medium to large project efforts with high visibility at the Agency Executive level. This position will
ensure consistency with the State of Michigan project management methodology (SUITE), regularly interact with the project teams for status of budget, quality, and schedule, escalate issues and risks as needed to executives and exercise project quality control activities to ensure project scope expectations are met. This position will be responsible for the oversight of several projects within the within the State of Michigan.
- Project management experience
- Experience with software vendors and vendor management
- Experience working with Senior level management in larger organizations
- Experience working with Agile and Agile Hybrid environments
- Experience using organizational project management tools
- Experience using remote work tools such as Microsoft Teams
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written
- Pro-active approach to leading projects
- Ability to seamlessly work with multiple projects with aggressive timelines Currently the State of Michigan is utilizing a remote work environment with Microsoft Teams to interact with project teams and stakeholders. The State of Michigan is looking to resume working on premise at least 2 days per week starting May 2, 2022. The candidate for this position should be aware of this as a requirement.
Additional questions (failure to respond to these questions as part of the submission will result in resume being rejected).
1. Please describe your experience project managing Agile and Agile hybrid projects. What were some of the challenges you needed to overcome to be successful as a PM?
2. Please share your experience working with remote/hybrid remote teams. How did you ensure that work was being done to the client's satisfaction and met the appropriate deadlines?
3. Describe your experience working with software installations involving an external vendor. How would you manage the relationship between the vendor and the client that you are working for? In addition, expectations of this position are to:
1. Enter and allocate all resources into the Project and Portfolio Management tool.
2. Track that resources are entering time and let the resource managers know if time is not being entered.
3. Manage the Microsoft Teams/SharePoint site for the project; upload appropriate files and messages.
4. Schedule and facilitate project status meetings and meetings with project sponsors.
5. Create and track Action Items for the projects.
6. Monitor Quality Assurance requests and remind team as needed to respond.
7. Schedule ad hoc meetings as needed.
8. Manage the highly visible projects to a strict timeline.
9. Be flexible to a highly changing environment.