Cloud IAM Engineer
6 month contract to hire
Description: Job Description : Cloud Identity & Access - Senior Engineer
Develops services, controls, and reusable patterns that enable the team to deliver value safely, quickly, and sustainably in the public cloud.
PROJECT: This is for the IAM CLOUD ENGINEERING team supporting the M365 VALUE REALIZATION track part of Titan Program.
IDEAL BACKGROUND: We are looking for candidates with extensive Cloud DevOps Development/Implementation Experience on Identity/Security Domains (Specifically Azure IAM, AWS IAM, Google Cloud IAM).
TOP REQUIREMENTS: Excellent Azure Azure AD Development & Experience , , Experience building and deploying applications to the Azure cloud using Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, evaluation, design, and development of Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and Single Sign On (SSO) technical requirements, solutions, and implementation roadmap to ensure functional, reliable, secure and cost-effective technology environment.
What experience will set candidates apart from one another?
8-10 years enterprise experience in Hybrid Identity Platforms with deep understanding of Cloud Identity,
Security and Networking with at least 6+ years hands on experience working with production workloads in a public cloud environment
5-8 years working in Azure Active Directory or AWSP cloud environments
5 years working in Microsoft Azure in an Identity solution engineer or architect role
a. AZ-500: Microsoft Security Technologies REQUIRED
b. 70-534/535: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions - REQUIRED
c. AZ-103: Microsoft Azure Administrator REQUIRED
d. AZ-300/303: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies - PREFFERED
e. AZ-301/304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design - PREFFERED
Cannot provide sponsorship upon conversion.
TEAM STRUCTURE: We have 1 PM + 5 Developers.
a. How many rounds? 2 Rounds.
b. Video vs. phone? Both rounds are technical with Video Conferencing.
c. How technical will the interviews be? Technical Interviews will be hands on with Whiteboarding.
1. Lead and develop authentication & Authorization patterns and frameworks for Cloud Identity using Azure-AD, AWS-IAM, Google Cloud Platform-IAM
2. Actively participate in the development and socialization of Azure AD/Cloud Identity Solutions as part of the organizations Product Delivery
3. Partner with our HCC cloud migration teams to strategize how to effectively and efficiently perform on premise to cloud migrations within the guardrails set by the IAM Cloud Engineering Team , EIS & Security standards & organizational framework
4. Maintain architectural diagram designs and documentation to help partner with cloud application identity patterns and application AuthZ/AuthN to understand the boundaries and capabilities of the tools ,libraries and frameworks available to them within set of approved Architectures.
5. Act in a capacity as a senior technical expert for all current Azure Cloud based Azure AD Authentication solutions while keeping abreast of future technologies including policies and frameworks to implement Zero-Trust Security policies with (Identities, devices, Apps, data, Infrastructure & Network)
6. Lead the evaluation, design, and development of Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and Single Sign On (SSO) technical requirements, solutions, and
implementation roadmap to ensure functional, reliable, secure and cost-effective technology environment
7. Ensure continuous improvement within the IAM security architecture by introducing and implementing emerging security technologies and practices.
8. Provide leadership and guidance throughout the project lifecycle, including evaluating business requirements and security technologies, planning
technology deployment, mentoring security engineering teams, and soliciting feedback from security operations teams and other internal customers
9. Work across the business and IT teams to analyze and define requirements for Active Directory & Azure Active Directory integrations.
10. Effectively liaise with other teams in information security & risk management, infrastructure & architecture management as well as business functions
to deliver the target technology environment
Interact skillfully with business stakeholders and thirdparty technical organizations
Proactively automate infrastructure as Code, Config as Code & Policy as Code for application and services to enable an automated delivery through the CICD pipelines to the cloud
1.Proficiency with Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Shell Scripting, PowerShell
Experience with Azure DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, Azure
DevOps, Fortify, Sonar)
Experience with migrating
applications to the Azure cloud
and deploying applications to the Azure cloud using
Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform
Experience working in an Agile environment
Expertise with modern programming languages, systems, and architectures
Nice to Have:
Expertise in performance, secure design and scalability optimization
Knowledge of software and infrastructure security practices
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
8-10 years enterprise experience in Hybrid Identity Platforms with deep understanding of Cloud Identity, Security and Networking with at least 6+ years hands onexperience working with production workloads in a public cloud environment
- 5-8 years working in Azure Active Directory or AWSP cloud environments
- 3-5 years working in Microsoft Azure in an Identity solution engineer or architect role
- Workflow automation experience with Jenkins, ARMTemplates, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or other Devops tools
- Scripting experience with Power Shell, Python, Shell, Go or equivalent language
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or