Big Data Developer Engineer (Java, MapReduce, Hive)
Top 3 Skills:
Java 5+ years
MapReduce 3+ years
Hive, HBase, Kafka, Spark/Scala, Kubernetes 3+ years
- 5+ years' software engineering background covering the entire software lifecycle in a team-oriented environment.
- 2+ years Azure, or Google Cloud Platform. Experience supporting infrastructure and services in public and private cloud environments
- 3+ years of software development experience such as Java Spring boot, Python or Golang
- The candidate must have working knowledge Terraform, Ansible, Helm.
- The candidate must have working knowledge in container and container management technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Willingness to participate in on-call support rotation
- Experience in analysis of healthcare data and management of healthcare information systems
- Passion for automated CI and CD; record of doing considerable work in this area
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Hand on experience with Open Shift and Google Cloud and Azure cloud platforms
- Understanding of Hadoop Distribution technologies and any Cloud Experiences
location: EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- 50% Software Engineering and 50% Systems Engineering
- Improve availability and reliability of services
- Ensure compliance with appropriate security standards
- Identifying the Service Level Objects (SLOs) and Service Level Indicators and maintaining those metrics in a good standard for smooth operations
- Engineering - Continuously optimize secure, scalable and performant security tools and service.
- Reliability - Drive fault detection and correction, performance, and uptime at scale
- Monitoring - Instrument systems to gain visibility and understanding of how they are performing at any time
- Accelerated infrastructure, application, and software configuration deployment
- Automated response to alerts or indicators of performance issues
- Infrastructure as code
- Programming in one or more of these languages - Java spring boot, GO, Python for building automation
- Experience with common formats such as JSON, YAML
- Expertise with monitoring or log aggregation tools (Prometheus, Grafana)
- Expertise in key SRE Skills (Scalability, Reliability and Observability)
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and deployment processes
- Solid understanding and experience with Incident / Change management tool like ServiceNow
- Conduct blameless post-mortems to analyze failures and prevent recurrence
- Provide service support by participating in regular on-call shifts responding to service issues
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a sense of ownership and independence
- Experience operating, troubleshooting, and scaling online services in cloud-based environment
- Operational experience with networking and an understanding of networking principles
- Experience reviewing security scans and remediating vulnerabilities
- Experience with modern container orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- Familiarity with security issues in the cloud such as intrusion, penetration, and vulnerability scanning
- Experience with various data management technologies including relational and non-relational databases and message queues
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Facilitation/presentation experience and ability to properly communicate with Business and Technical audience
- Define and document standards and guidelines
- Develop and automate repeatable tasks
- Consult with development users; determine requirements and recommend solutions
- Participate in product evaluations, design review session, data requirement meetings and consulting with application development products
Experience level: Experienced
Minimum 5 years of experience
Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.