Andr Global Inc. is a global provider of information technology services. Since 2002, we have helped our clients in the APAC region achieve their business goals by leveraging the power of technology. In 2016, we entered the AMERICAS to re-create similar success here as well. Headquartered in New York City, we are now serving our global clients.
We strive to deliver customer satisfaction through our service quality to all our clients! Our global and diverse team helps our customers achieve their project goals at a faster pace with high affordability but without any compromise on quality. We take pride in providing an outstanding quality of service to all our customers starting from startups, small businesses to Fortune 500. With more than a decade of experience servicing customers across geographies, we have stationed ourselves at a unique position in the global market. Our ability to assemble the best workforce in record time has been a great asset to our clients.
This is a contract-to-hire position with our client in Princeton, NJ.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for test planning and execution of client's business applications. The Quality Engineer will work closely with Developers, Business Analysts, Product Owners, and Project Managers through sprint planning, requirements review, manual and automated test case preparation, and execution through agile delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Outline the essential functions of this position. List in order of priority or sequentially):
Support and promote test planning activities for agile delivery:
- Estimate effort using T-shirt sizing or user story points as applicable during the release planning and sprint planning phase.
- Provide status and feedback to daily scrums, release planning sessions, requirements reviews, retrospectives, etc.
- Analyze, challenge, and clarify requirements to determine impacts and test coverage,
- Apply testing techniques to derive effective test coverage based on the impact of the changes.
- Identify and create/update test scenarios/cases for smoke, in-sprint functional, and regression based on identified test coverage for the release.
- Support creation of test data, including data needs from upstream systems
- Identify tests that will not be automated such as exploratory/experience tests, effort not deemed feasible, etc.
- Work in lockstep with Developers and Business Analysts to provide support for in-sprint unit and QA automation tasks:
- Work with developers to ensure sufficient and efficient unit testing coverage
- Design, develop, implement and maintain reusable test automation artifacts, including but not limited to classes, functions, data, test scripts, and components.
Support and promote test execution activities for agile deliveries:
- Execute identified manual tests (exploratory, user experience, tests not automated)
- Execute automated tests (in-sprint, smoke, regression, etc)
- Analyze automated execution and report results to project team and management
- Support backend testing through SQL queries
- Support web services and API testing (without UI)
- Support cross-browser testing for web applications on desktop and mobile devices.
- Log defects with proper details and assist with triage of defects
- Provide clear and concise test execution status and metrics to the project team
Support and promote continuous improvement activities:
- Support sprint retrospectives in identifying the improvements to process and product quality and plan for implementation in the next sprint.
- Participate in improvement initiatives for the individual, functional group/team, department, or organization to perform work more effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain and improve quality engineering, functional, technical, and professional skills and knowledge through continuous learning based on industry standards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.) :
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience required
- Quality Engineering Strong QA and testing competency and ability to apply testing techniques with a good understanding of the software development process.
- Tools and Technical skills Ability to demonstrate appropriate use of tools and technical skills to optimize the testing effort with the highest quality.
- Functional and Analytical skills Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills by decomposing the requirements based on domain and testing knowledge.
- Test Automation skills and aptitude Demonstrate the understanding and need for test automation and have experience using Selenium-based frameworks.
- Learning Ability to learn quickly (functional and technical aptitudes) and work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change.
Required Length and Type of Experience:
- At least 4 years of experience in software delivery which includes a minimum of 2 years in testing/test automation