NYMAT Machine Tool is a full service machine tool distributor that provides a wide range of solutions for Upstate New York manufacturers. We added Kitamura Machinery to our line card in 2017 and are looking to add to our team to enhance the support of this product.
Field Service Engineers (FSE) will be required to travel to customer locations to troubleshoot and repair industrial equipment. FSEs will also be required to provide over the phone technical assistance and customer support as well as basic machine operation and preventative maintenance training to customers.
High School education or equivalent is required as is a minimum of 2-3 years experience in the field of mechanical / electrical repairs. Candidates must have the ability to read and communicate in English, have basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. In addition candidates must have a wide mix of skills from the following list:
- Knowledge of mechanical / electrical repair practices
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of machine design and operation
- Knowledge of and experience with electronic test equipment, electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to read parts manuals, electrical and mechanical schematics, assembly instructions, and troubleshooting guides
- Knowledge of Kitamura machines or Mitsubishi controls a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Valid drivers license
Industrial shop environment with exposure to manufacturing machinery, heights, varied temperatures, high noise levels, moving components, grease, dirt and sharp objects.
Numerous times daily, position requires standing, walking, climbing, bending, stooping, crawling, and lifting 30-50 pounds.
Excellent benefits package including health insurance and 401K and the opportunity to work and grow within an organization that is one of the industry leaders in this area.