QR Code Link to This Post
Pelton is recruiting Recovery Assistants for a new program.
- Support individuals in mental health recovery to live as independently as possible within the community.
-Schedule time effectively
-Work independently and with team
-Be comfortable with learning new computer software for processing progress notes.
-Communication and critical thinking skills to interface with various stakeholders through email and regularly scheduled inter-agency meetings.
- Attend regular person-centered treatment team meetings.
- Assist persons receiving mental health services to advocate, plan, and monitor their support services.
- Connect people with natural supports, resources, and professional supports.
- Complete regular progress notes.
- Assist people with finding satisfying solutions to problems and concerns.
- Provide effective long - term strategies for improving the quality of life for people in mental health recovery.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with coworkers and outside agencies.
-Obtain certification in, and implement, Collaborative Problem Solving (paid by employer).
- Assist team leader with projects, programs and meetings as required.
- Support and promote the mission, principles, and values.
- Respect all confidentiality issues regarding the people we serve.
- Honor the diversity of all people we serve.
- Serve as a mandatory abuse reporter.
Successful candidate will provide full assistance in the categories below if needed or provide support and skills training based on the individual consumer's needs and abilities:
- Meal planning & preparation.
- Grocery shopping and errands.
- Household organization, cleaning, and sanitation.
- Budgeting, organization, and managing appointments/schedules.
- Medication education and pharmacy reordering process.
- Transportation-learning bus routes and scheduling Ride Line.
- Role-model, encourage, and practice interactions with other community members.
- Research and assist the consumer in attending recreational/socialization activities of interest.
- Assist in signing up for or applying for events and volunteer activities that require registration.
- Address immediate concerns using a person - centered plan.
Prefer one year experience working with individuals in mental health recovery or equivalent education. Have acceptable driverâs history and pass background check through the state of Oregon.
-Starting $13.00-$16.00 Depending on Experience/Education
-Approximately 2 weeks PTO, rate of PTO accrual increases after first year
-Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
-Retirement plan (IRA) with employer match
-Employer paid training
Please send resume to: