The Retail District Manager leads Verilife dispensaries in Pennsulvania, and is responsible for growing dispensary revenue, developing dispensary objectives, and ensuring our customers receive consistent and exceptional service every visit. We’re looking for a highly motivated individual to enhance our customer experience, provide solid leadership to our retail teams, maximize revenue, and meet our future growth plans.Duties and responsibilities include:
· Provides direction and thought leadership to the retail organization, with a strong understanding of the brand, market and patient needs, as well as anticipating future needs.
· Maximizes and regularly reports and forecasts on retail productivity, sales and profit, while ensuring that standards of service excellence are continuously met and improved upon.
· Responsible for building both strategic and tactical activities for Illinois and Ohio dispensaries. Ensures optimum performance of the retail stores. Recommends and implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, enhance customer experience, and maintain best in class practices.
· Identifies trends and opportunities to define changes in process and procedures that drive operations and selling agendas. Proactively collects voice of the customer feedback and uses feedback to implement new product offerings.
· Ensures a world-class experience exists for our customers. Understands and remains current on market demand for product offerings and ensures dispensary teams are trained to meet customer needs.
· Oversees relationships with vendors to enhance product offerings, promotions and pricing.
· Ensures the dispensary environment is one in which a personal, customer-focused, and service-oriented mentality is standard. A critical element of the role will be to ensure that the environment and customer experience reflect the Company’s vision and values
· Interacts closely with the compliance team to ensure all dispensaries and personnel are in compliance with State regulations, in all operations, processes, inventory management and protocol.
· Continuously improves operational performance in the business while considering consistency in operational processes, and the needs of the organization.
· Drives and influences productivity and cost saving opportunities in all operational components.
· Partners with internal teams to ensure product and store allocations provide a cohesive strategy and brand experience to drive sales revenue opportunities.
· Implements training and reinforces service, product, operations and management expectations through training and development of store teams.
· Maintains a presence in the field in order to effectively coach and support dispensary teams. Ensures operational priorities, processes and procedures are communicated, understood and executed consistently across all locations.
· Ensures all locations are in compliance with state regulations. Responsible for developing and managing relationships with regulators, and leading dispensary compliance audits.
· Maintains a strong working knowledge of regulatory requirements.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred, or in place of degree, relevant industry experience will be considered.
· Sales and operations leader with at least 7 years’ retail store sales, operations, and leadership experience in a high-volume retail environment ideally within a multi-store environment with responsibility for driving revenue and leading multiple locations. 3+ years cannabis industry experience will be considered.
· Experienced in execution of retail operations function.
· Strong personnel management and retail operations knowledge, including inventory control, loss prevention, retail POS systems, merchandising, SOP development, customer service and budget preparation.
· Solid business and financial acumen and reporting skills.
· Demonstrated track record in driving revenue and increasing store productivity.
· A high-touch, credible, visible leader who could establish instant credibility and inspire the team.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent people and organizational skills.
· Team player with the ability to gain consensus through collaboration and open dialogue.
· A sense of urgency, high energy, and hands-on approach.
· Prior medical cannabis experience a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.