· Manage month-end close process for assigned division accounting activities
· Responsibilities include:
Partner with Operations and management by providing financial information enabling them to make informed business decisions
Reconcile, research, and proactively work to resolve balance sheet items
Journal entry preparation
Financial analysis of profitability of projects
Ad hoc reporting
Lead special projects
Uses appropriate systems and tools to input data, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects, prepare reconciliations for review, and respond to inquiries.
· Understands full cycle accounting
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· Advanced Excel knowledge including understanding and using formulas and manipulating large sets of data
· Strong ERP systems experience preferred
· Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, facilitation, oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Must be detailed oriented – with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving. “Following-up until resolved” skills are a must.
· Decision maker, problem solver
· Innate curiosity – desire to understand the process, and the “why”
· Positive person