Akhiok-Kaguyak, Inc. (AKI), an SBA 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation is seeking a dynamic, energetic individual for the position of Systems Analyst - Senior (Power BI Developer): This position fills a vital role on a contract supporting the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) at MCB Quantico, VA.
The mission of NCIS is to investigate and defeat criminal, terrorist, and foreign intelligence threats to the United States Navy and Marine Corps, wherever they operate, ashore or afloat. Since the integration with the Marine Corps Criminal Investigation Division (CID), NCIS' mission also includes providing indications and warnings on terrorist activity to Navy and Marine Corps Commands, investigating criminal misconduct by Naval and Marine Corps personnel and conducting fraud investigations that result in recoveries and restitutions to the US Navy and Marine Corps. NCIS Civilian and Marine Corps Special Agents' current mission includes criminal investigations, force protection, cross-border drug enforcement, anti-terrorism, counter-terrorism, procurement fraud, computer crime and counter-intelligence.
This is a senior developer position and the ideal candidate will have strong experience in integrating data from a wide variety of sources and developing highly functional analytical reports and dashboards/visualizations in Microsoft Power BI, producing data and metrics to provide decision support information specifically for managerial use, including performance measurement, cost management, calculating reimbursements, program authorization, modification, and HR decisions. The resulting product(s) will increase NCIS's visibility and understanding of analytics and metrics and enable the services to improve their ability to make timely and accurate informed decisions. The selected candidate will perform all actions necessary to create and sustain new analytics reports and tools within the NCIS Mission Assessment and Planning Portal (MAPP) and will continually identify performance measures that meaningfully relate to program output.
This position is primarily on-site at the NCIS Headquarters in Quantico MCB, Virginia.
• This position is open to US citizens only
• Active Secret or higher clearance
• DoDD 8140.01 IAT Level II Certification (Security+ or higher)
• 4+ years development experience with Microsoft Power BI or;
5+ years development experience with similar products (e.g. Tableau, Qlik) and at least 1 year development experience with Microsoft Power BI
• Experience designing and implementing interfaces to data sources such as oracle, SQL server, SharePoint and Business Objects
• Ability to multi-task and perform multiple critical tasks simultaneously (under dynamic and ever-changing circumstances)
Desired skills and experience:
• 5-10 years of operating experience of IT equipment and software with emphasis on Microsoft Office suite of products including MS Power BI, MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Project and SharePoint Designer
• Strong verbal communication skills and written communication skills, including exceptional spelling abilities
• Strong mathematical skill
• Ability to prepare and/or maintain systems, programming, and operations documentation, including user manuals
• Ability to create and maintain documentation of all development work
• Ability to effectively devote keen and acute attention to detail
• Ability to work consistently and effectively as part of a high performance work team
TAGS IT, Power BI Developer, Power BI
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.