We are Alexa Smart Properties. We are the team that is designing and building enterprise features for Alexa, to create delightful, memorable, personalized experiences for hospitality guests and other enterprise customers. Our goal is to take the convenience of Alexa and smart home that our in-home customers love, and extend that experience to shared living spaces such as hotels, rentals, assisted living, and more. In doing so, we are delivering real benefits directly to hospitality and other businesses by providing features that seamlessly integrate with their operations.
Many of our users are interacting with Alexa for the very first time so the experiences we build are often about creating amazing first impressions.
Watch our most recent commercial here:
We are a start-up team where it is very much day one and we are looking for software engineers who are dedicated to creative problem solving and getting things done. Together we will build new services and experiences from the ground up. You will be a technical leader and have significant impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of Alexa features that are used every day by people you know.
Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, scalable services technology in a team environment? Do you like working on industry-defining projects that move the needle?
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world's most beloved brands - customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Our Software Development Engineers (SDEs) use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first-hand.
The challenges SDEs solve for at Amazon are big and influence millions of customers, sellers, and products around the world. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company where development cycles are measured in weeks, not years.
If this sounds interesting to you, apply and come chart your own path at Amazon.
Key job responsibilities
• Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
• Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
• Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
• Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
• Design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
• Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.