Application Deadline: Sept. 10, 2021
The Tosa Farmers Market (TFM) debuted in 2010 as an open-air market in the heart of the Village of
Wauwatosa and quickly gained a reputation for excellence. Today, TFM brings a carefully curated mix of
the best growers, food producers and artisans in the region to Wauwatosa for 20 Saturdays each year.
But we don’t just sell produce. Our mission-driven non-profit organization serves as a vital, vibrant
gathering hub that contributes to the economic vitality of the greater Tosa community. We think “green”
and “local” and aim for a best-of-class market experience at every turn. Learn more: www.tosafarmersmarket.com.
Market Manager Position
TFM is run by an active, engaged, volunteer Board of Directors. We’re seeking a part-time, paid Market
Manager to join our passionate, professional, no-nonsense team immediately. The Market Manager
manages the day-to-day operations of the market every Saturday and works with the TFM Board
year-round to promote the market and ensure its success. Requires:
● Proven multitasking, problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
● Ability to work creatively and independently, juggle multiple tasks, take initiative and make
decisions at the market.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively
with a wide range of audiences.
● Passion for farmers markets, local foods and the Wauwatosa community.
● Ability to lift 50 pounds safely.
● Saturday morning availability during the market season (June to mid-October) as well as a
availability to attend monthly board, occasional market committee and local farmers market
meetings (e.g. Farmers Market Coalition)
● Additional Saturday morning availability to shadow current market manager Oct. 2, 9 and 16,
● Proficiency with spreadsheets and Word documents, social media administration (Facebook &
Instagram), Wix (newsletters and website), MailChimp (for reference to past content) and Google
Drive familiarity is preferred.
Market Operations Management (in-season)
● Oversee the setup, operation and breakdown of each market.
● Represent the Tosa Farmers Market organization with professionalism, positivity and class.
● Oversee Information Booth (including volunteer training, supplies).
● Facilitate SNAP/Foodshare and Power of Produce Club.
Communications and Marketing (year-round)
● Provide timely information to the Board of Directors through regular reports and emails
● Serve on various committees and teams to promote the market and plan for its growth and
● Take primary responsibility for TFM editorial calendar, weekly e-newsletter, social media posts,
website and other communications.
Vendor and Community Relations (year-round)
● Build strong relationships with vendors, volunteers, sponsors, supporting businesses, community
partners, and other local farmers markets and food advocates, in support of the TFM mission.
● Recruit vendors, facilitate application and approval process, and manage ongoing vendor
relationships (including weekly vendor communications).
● Ensure vendor adherence to all rules and regulations.
● Respond to all market-related inquiries and issues in a timely and professional manner (with
support from the TFM Board, as needed).
● Track and report the happenings of each market: vendor and customer attendance, financial
transactions, special events, and other pertinent factors that may affect market's success.
● Track database of vendors, including waitlisted vendors, and their paperwork and fees.
● Maintain a schedule of events.
● Support treasurer and Board of Directors with record-keeping and reports, as requested.
The Market Manager reports to the TFM Board of Directors and works 20 hours/week in-season
(May-mid-October), and 10 hours/week off-season. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Send resume, cover letter, and three references to TFM Board President Nicole Adrian by Sept. 10. Please note “TFM Market Manager Application” in the subject line.
The Tosa Farmers Market does not discriminate against Members or potential members on the basis of
the individual’s sex, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, handicap, marital status, physical
characteristics, source of income, arrest record, conviction record, less than honorable discharge,
physical appearance, sexual orientation, political beliefs, or student status.
Tosa Farmers Market provides local access to Wisconsin Farmers, food producers and neighborhood
businesses, and promotes educational opportunities to create a sustainable community for all.