Job Title: Senior Network Analyst
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Duration: Long term
Under the supervision of the Manager, Data Network & Telecom Strategy the Senior Network Support Analyst implements, maintains standards and procedures to protect the integrity and availability of information systems data network. The position is responsible for 3rd level operational network support, including the implementation of both hardware and operating systems per the network policy. The Senior Network Support Analyst provides a timely response to approved business unit, developer, and administrator community requests for assistance including project support. The position requires participation in a 24-hour on-call support for scheduled changes, and to resolve data network problems/issues. In addition to verifying organizational compliance with established policies and procedures, the Senior Network Support Analyst will be responsible for the health and daily monitoring of data network equipment, these may include Ethernet switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, domain name servers, virtual private network appliances and network monitoring tools. Provides 3rd level operational data network support for Data Center network.
• Advances functionality within the network automation, simulation and automated validation solutions (Ansible / NetMiko / Terraform / Python / Cisco CML / GNS3 etc)
• Ensures the lifecycle of network infrastructure is maintained and optimized. This starts with determining the design, collecting requirements and proposing a solution and continues to ensure that regular operational tasks like patching are done leveraging best methods like automation, culminating with ensuring the hardware is replaced through a managed end of life process.
• Drives a continuous improvement process to identify opportunities to eliminate waste and improve processes
• Informs management of critical issues that may affect clients or the infrastructure and provides recommendations for mitigation.
• Works with network product vendors and Enterprise Architect and Network Team Lead to implement network improvements, and new data network products and technology.
• Involved in troubleshooting a wide range of issues including electronic data traffic, network security, domain name servers, network load balancing, virtual private networks, local area networks, wireless local area networks and firewalls.
• Will be expected to interface and support incident resolution with 1st and 2nd level support teams with all network problems.
• Analyze and understand the organization's environment and architecture, proposing solutions to meet customer requirements
• Audit third-party providers for compliance with network support and implementation policies as needed.
• Maintains required documentation for all data network activities.
• Troubleshoots complex network issues within prescribed service levels.
Education and Skills Requirements
Formal Education or Equivalent:
1. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, or a related discipline;
2. Understanding of core IT concepts including networking and access control;
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills
4. Cisco CCNP (Routing and Switching or DataCenter) and proven experience with Cisco Networks
5. WAN Technologies (MPLS), Routing Protocols (Deep knowledge of BGP and OSPF) and supporting technologies (eg BFD)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent real life experience in Data Networking
• Cisco – Routing and Switching (Desired)
• 7-10 years of proven security analysis, engineering, or operational experience.
Experience with each of the following required:
1. Network Automation Experience
2. Ansible / Python / GNS3
3. Cisco ACI / Cisco DNA
4. Cisco LAN, ISE, Wireless LAN & WAN technologies
5. Broad experience in full stack support environment, able to troubleshoot problems affecting a variety of operating systems both server and workstation
Experience with the following preferred:
• Palo Alto, FortiNet, Cisco ASA & FirePower firewalls
• Arista & Cisco Ethernet Switches
• Cisco & Juniper Routers
• Infoblox IPAM & DHCP • Demonstrable hands on knowledge of Cisco Networks, including Switches, Routers, Wireless, ISE
• Hands on knowledge of F5 Networks, Load balancer (LTM, GTM, Vipron).
• Hands on knowledge of WAN Optimization & SDWAN. •
Hands on knowledge of Infoblox, including Domain Name Server/ DHCP/ IPAM.
• Linux experience
• Hands on knowledge of NetScout and Wireshark to capture and interpret TCP/IP packets to identify problems in the network environment.
1. Root Cause Analysis & Problem Solving- creating options and solutions
2. Continuous Improvement – perpetually looking for a better way
3. Analytical Thinking- using logic and reason
4. Persuasion / Motivation- moving others to action
5. Customer Focus
6. Technical Documentation
HCL Global Systems, Inc