System Administrator supporting JPRA (Joint Personnel Recovery Agency)
The job of the System Administrator is to provide Tier II/III support to the JPRA customer user base. This includes, but is not limited to, the following areas of responsibilities:
1. Perform daily system checks.
2. Create and work customer tickets utilizing the agency provided ticket system.
3. Assist customers with resolving incidents and service requests by phone, email, and in person.
4. Perform user and computer management within Microsoft Active Directory utilizing IAO Express and native Microsoft tools.
5. Provision Defense Enterprise Email/DoD365-J accounts via the Defense Enterprise Provisioning Online (DEPO) application.
6. Manage Microsoft Endpoint Client Manager (MECM):
a. Create and maintain deployment tasks.
b. Create and maintain application packages.
c. Create and maintain system images.
7. Utilize the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) Secure Host Baseline (SHB) to create agency system images.
8. Create/Modify Group Policy Objects (GPO) as needed.
9. Deploy new servers and applications utilizing physical hardware and virtualization via VMware.
10. Maintain Domain Name System (DNS) servers.
1. Provide Tier II/III troubleshooting and problem resolution as required.
2. Assist Audio/Video team with troubleshooting of camera systems.
3. Work with the Air Force 92nd Communications Squadron, DISA, and other external entities to troubleshoot and correct issues outside of agency control.
1. Apply/Update software on all end-user and server equipment utilizing WSUS and MECM on NIPRNET/SIPRNET/JWICS to maintain USCYBERCOM IAVM compliance.
2. Apply/Update DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) to all end-user and server equipment.
3. Work with the IA Engineer, ISSO, and ISSM to comply with all USCYBERCOM security guidelines.
4. Work with the IA Engineer, ISSO, and ISSM to remediate all discovered vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
5. Comply with all Air Force guidelines.
1. Document and maintain current user documentation, system documentation, and checklists.
2. Provide a weekly status of activities performed and/or completed.
Equipment Acquisition / Accountability / Disposal
1. Input purchase orders into the government provided purchase order system.
2. Inventory, asset tag, and add to inventory database all end-user equipment received.
3. Update inventory database when equipment is moved, fielded, or removed from service.
4. Work with and assist equipment custodians with annual inventory of equipment.
5. Work with and assist equipment custodians with DRMO process of equipment that is no longer needed.
Skills / Qualifications
1. Must possess at time of start a minimum current final SECRET security clearance and be eligible for a TS/SCI security clearance.
2. Must possess at time of start a minimum IA Security certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M at the IAT-II level. Please reference https://public.cyber.mil/cw/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/ for a list of approved certifications. IAT-III level certifications are also acceptable.
3. Must possess at time of start a minimum of ONE of the following computing environment certifications:
a. CompTIA Server+
b. Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA): Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
c. Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA): Security Fundamentals
d. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2012
e. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2016
f. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Core Infrastructure
EEO StatementThe Ventura Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Job Type: Full-time