Assistant Kichen Manager (Brunch Spot) (San Diego/Pacific Beach, CA)
Â© craigslist - Map data Â© OpenStreetMap
compensation: $16-$19/hr (depending on experience)
employment type: full-time
Busy Pacific Beach Restaurant/Bar is looking for a Assistant Kitchen Manager that has a passion to provide exceptional food quality to our guests. Looking for applicants with culinary schooling/training. We are a Restaurant Group with 4 (soon to be 5) locations so there is definitely room for growth within the company.
The is responsible for assisting with the operations of the kitchen, ensuring that all recipes, preparations and presentations meet the restaurant's commitment to quality while maintaining cost centers. This person should be a driven leader working to develop their culinary teams and execute the restaurant's menu items in a high volume environment.
Assistant Kitchen Manager with be responsible for helping the KM with all of the following duties...
* Manage the opening and closing of the kitchen
* Prepare, cook and present food, quickly and efficiently, meeting our high standards
* Assist in keeping the kitchen clean, hygienic and tidy, at all times
* Keep up to date with current industry trends and new product development
* Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
* Manage all kitchen-related office administration
* Manage and maintain correct staffing levels
* Identify and take an active role in the recruitment and training of new staff members
* Use food development plan to improve the sales and profitability of the restaurant
* Controlling food costs on a continual basis within approved budgetary controls
* Maintain accurate food-ordering and stocking levels, including all kitchen materials
* Assist in achieving financial targets set for the restaurant
* Manage waste through correct product measurement, portion controls and error reduction
* Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training, and maintaining Serve Safe Certificate
* Ensure specs in all recipes and food apportionment are met.
* Always adhere to all company policies and procedures
* Be involved and contribute at team meetings
* Carry out instructions given by the management team and owners
Verifiable references are required.
This is hourly paid position that could progress to a salary in the long term for the right employee.